From Chris Perry, author of Career Rocketeer who was kind enough to post this review of Career Change Central, reCareered’s group for career changers on Linkedin:
LinkedIn is the leading professional network on the web, so if you don’t have an account already, get one today! If you have one already, you’re off to a great start.
LinkedIn is an invaluable asset to all you job seekers out there, providing you many unique features, including your own professional online resume, its own job board, a comprehensive company directory and more.
One feature you job seekers may not know about or have fully explored is LinkedIn Groups. LinkedIn Groups are free to join, and you can choose to join up to 50 groups from a list of thousands of user-created groups for literally just about anything. Not only do these groups provide you access to connect with and contact fellow group members who could become future partners, employees, investors, customers etc., but the groups’ discussion board and news sections can provide more networking opportunities, answers to your questions and insightful advice, tips and support. You can also contribute answers, comments and your own expertise to the groups’ discussion boards to establish your own online personal brand on LinkedIn.
While you should definitely join any and all groups connected to your college and/or graduate school, your professional organizations or other areas or industries of interest, here are the Top 20 LinkedIn Groups ALL Job Seekers MUST Join to help build their brands and launch their careers:
- JobAngels – Non-profit job search network of professionals helping other professionals find job advice and opportunities.
- Executive Suite – Community of over 100,000 US-based executive-level and recruiter members.
- Star:Candidate for Hire – Group working in tandem with Linked:HR, the largest Recruiters’ Group on LinkedIn, to help top candidates find jobs quickly and efficiently.
- Career Rocketeer – Career Launch Network – Fastest-growing professional network for career search, career development and personal branding, bringing job seekers and employers, recruiters and career experts together for mutual success.
- The Talent Buzz – Group for job seekers, recruiters and HR professionals interested in expanding their professional networks.
- Helping Friends Career Network (LI2HF) – Business and career network where entrepreneurs, hiring managers, recruiters, and talented professionals worldwide can make meaningful win-win connections.
- JobsDirectUSA – Official job search group on LinkedIn for JobsDirectUSA.com.
- Career Change Central – Group linking job changers and professionals in career transition with recruiters, hiring managers and career coaches.
- CareerLink Network – Community providing job seekers spiritual, physical, social, mental, economic and personal growth to meet their ever-evolving needs
- Jobs Alert – Job search group for middle and senior-level managers worldwide.
- A Job Needed – A Job Posted – Group is for all LinkedIn members searching for employment, posting employment or recruiters helping members find employment.
- Looking for a Job? – Group designed to allow job seekers to share ideas, network, post jobs, advise on job market trends and ultimately help them find work.
- MyCredentials – Career Presentation – Group helping members to network, expand their resumes and enhance their interview skills.
- JibberJobber – Career Management – Network for executives, professionals, students and all those involved in the career services industry, including counselors, coaches and resume writers.
- ResumeMaker Career Network – Forum connecting qualified job seekers with hiring managers and corporate recruiters as well as allowing candidates to discuss and share career opportunities.
- Personal Branding Network – Consortium for all professionals looking to build powerful personal brands.
- Indeed.com – Official job search group on LinkedIn for Indeed.com.
- Project: Get Hired! – Motivational support group exclusively for job hunters to share creative strategies and stay motivated.
- Job Search Help – Discussion group for job seekers sharing advice and leads and networking to help one another.
- IMPACT Hiring Solutions Job Search Network – Discussion and networking forum for executives seeking job opportunities.If you are a job seeker, but are also considering starting your business, please also check out the Top 20 LinkedIn Groups ALL Entrepreneurs MUST Join.
*These 20 groups are not listed in any particular order.
Executives exploring Career Change: For a free 30 minute resume consultation, or career advice for executives, email your resume confidentially to reCareered (phil.reCareered@gmail.com), and we’ll schedule a time to talk.
Staff, Managers, Entrepreneurs, and career changers outside the US: Send your resume to phil.reCareered@gmail.com to enroll in a free group teleseminar “Accelerate Your Job Search – tools you can use”.
You might also like
|Best Linkedin Groups for Jobseekers Career Guide, a UK based career blog shares some Linkedin tips, and was kind enough to include reCareered's...||Ugly Job Hunting Truths…And what you can do about them Check out my podcast, Ugly Job Hunting Truths...And What you can do about them. Chris Russell, author...||Job Search Brilliance: The Job Seeker’s 3 Moments Of Truth I call 'em like I see 'em - this article is Job Search brilliance! My friend Chris Perry asked...||How Can Linkedin’s New Features Help Job Seekers? Linkedin has released some interesting upgrades in the past week that can help job seekers. Linkedin’s...|