I’ve been a good candidate this year…but you would already know that, wouldn’t you? I don’t mean to sound ungrateful, but I got kind of short changed last Christmas, with a variety of bad sweaters, regifts, and Aunt Martha’s ten ton fruitcake.
Here’s what I’d like this year:
2. A clear concise personal brand, identifying my unique Subject Matter Expertise
3. A subscription to reCareered’s website – wait that’s free! (just sign up at http://reCareered.blogspot.com)
4. MORE INTERVIEWS!
5. A higher resume response rate
6. A great cover letter…no wait, you gave me one of those last year and employers don’t read them ! Instead, how about a great strategy for job search without cover letters .
7. A bigger, better network
8. A Resublog
9. A project plan for my job search
10. A new job!
Job seekers, please comment…What’s on your Christmas list this year?
Executives exploring Career Change: For a free 30 minute resume consultation, or career advice for executives, email your resume confidentially to reCareered (phil.reCareered@gmail.com), and we’ll schedule a time to talk.
Staff, Managers, Entrepreneurs, and career changers outside the US: Send your resume to phil.reCareered@gmail.com to enroll in a free group teleseminar “Accelerate Your Job Search – tools you can use”.
For access to more information:
Become a fan of reCareered on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chicago-IL/reCareered/21126045429
Join Career Change Central on Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/1800872
You might also like
|A Job Seeker’s Letter To Santa Dear Santa, I’ve been a good job seeker this year … So how about a little love this year from...||How Does The Holiday Effect … Effect Your Job Search? Have you ever heard of the Holiday Effect in hiring? Perhaps you’ve heard that companies usually don’t...||Job Seekers New Year’s Resolutions Especially when searching for a job, the New Year can be a time for introspection and evaluation of personal...||Who’s Firing – Layoffs week ended 12-24-10 Who’s Firing summarizes weekly research of companies announcing and rumoring layoffs for the week...|